Are you thinking about selling? With an ever changing market it’s always good to put your best foot forward. The old adage you only get one chance to make a first impression holds true when selling your home. While it might take a little work, doing just a few things around your home can set you apart from the competition.
Like our video above states:
- Make sure to leave yourself enough time. Give yourself up to 2 months to get your home looking top notch
- Take a look around, does anything need to be repainted? Ditch those wild colors for more neutral tones
- Is there anything that needs to be repaired? Fixing that cracked tile or wonky screen door can go a long way
- Get rid of the clutter. While you might think your knickknacks from your trip to Niagara Falls makes your house feel like home, it might do the opposite for a potential buyer
- The trend now is open spaces. So get rid of that extra chair! Make the room open
Ask yourself – or a friend if you were buying this house what would you want to see?
The goal is to show a home that looks good, makes the most of its assets like space and location, and attracts as many buyers and as much demand as possible. You want people being able to see themselves living there and a loving it.
Allow yourself enough lead time, and I’m not saying just a day or two! And most importantly, get help from a licensed Realtor. They can help guide you on what needs to be done to get your house sold.
Here are some more great tips from HGTV 10 Best-Kept Secrets for Selling Your Home
Remember, at Fidelity Land Title Agency, we’re always here to answer your questions. If you would like to discuss more feel free to reach out to me.
– David Kennedy